Current available positions at our facilities
We accept applications throughout the year as positions become open. If you would like to inquire about one of the following positions send us a message.
Our employment and volunteer opportunities are at our facilities in Corvallis, Oregon. We also offer seasonal employment and volunteer opportunities to qualified personnel to travel throughout the western US to help with our educational exhibits.How to Apply
This is a part- to full-time management position for a facility that specializes in reptile breeding and large scale live-animal educational exhibits. The facility houses approximately 1,000 animals (reptiles, amphibians, arthropods, parrots, arachnids, rodents, and insects). The general manager is a key animal husbandry and managerial position.
1. Oversee all aspects of the daily operations in the animal facilities:
- Care and feeding of multiple reptile, amphibian, arthropod species
- Acquire and care for appropriate food supplies (rodents, chickens, crickets, etc.)
- Implement various breeding programs for 30+ species
- Carry out appropriate preventive health programs
- Carry out appropriate treatments for sick and injured animals
2. Assist and work with educational instructors to facilitate deployment and maintenance of educational displays
3. Manage volunteer interns to work efficiently and safely with various species
Ability to work with and direct animal technicians and intern volunteers to efficiently and effectively finish routine jobs Minimum Qualifications:
- B.S. or B.A. in biology, zoology, or related field.
- Supervisory experience OR experience leading groups and/or teams.
- Experience working with animals (preferably reptiles)
- An understanding of animal husbandry systems and techniques
- Knowledge of herd management systems
- Ability to understand complex breeding systems adapted to sensitive species
- Ability to properly care for sensitive species and adapt different care management systems to maximize animal health
- Ability to recognize unhealthy animals, troubleshoot health problems and implement proper treatments
- Knowledge of safe and appropriate animal handling skills (reptile handling experience a plus)
Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and demonstrated ability
Exotic Animal Educator
Our Animal Educators develop and present educational presentations showcasing biodiversity in the animal world. They travel throughout the Pacific Northwest to present these programs in schools and other venues. They also assist our team in the maintenance and production of large-scale educational exhibits at fairs and other events throughout the western United States.
Animal experience and/or education required.
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Leadership skills
- Handle and care for exotic animals (we will train specifics)
- Must be a licensed driver with a good driving record
- Ability to travel for up to 10 days at a time (lodging provided)
- Lift up to 30 lbs.
This position has lots of potential for developing new programs or expanding on existing programs.
Employment position has potential to extend to full time.
Pay rate based on qualifications and skills.
Animal Care Technician
All our Animal Care Technicians begin as volunteer interns. During their internship they gain enough experience working with our animals at our facility to become qualified as a paid employee.
This is a part-time paid position working with reptiles, amphibians, and other exotic animals. Hours vary depending on time of year. Prior experience working at our reptile breeding facility is required.
Tasks include cleaning cages, washing dishes, feeding and caring for animals. Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. and work with animals of varying temperament. Must be intelligent multitasker and have creative thinking skills. Dependability, problem solving, accuracy and efficiency are essential.
A consistently performing Animal Care Technician has potential to train and advance to facility manager position.
Enter another world at Brad's World Reptiles...
- Animal Educator
- Our Exotic Animal Educators travel with our animals to give presentations at various venues.
- Large Scale Exhibits
- Be part of a team that brings spectacular live-animal exhibits to the masses.
- Special Events
- Travel with our animals to educate and entertain guests at special events.
- Alligator Wrestling
- As part of our staff, help to educate the public about these interesting exotic animals.